These are challenging times, but we can get through this.
However, we need affordable health insurance and lower prescription drug costs to keep us healthy – both physically and financially. Unfortunately, far too often, the Arizona legislature has refused to take action in ensuring access to affordable, quality healthcare for hardworking Arizonans.
When it comes to healthcare, there are several key things the Arizona Legislature and Governor Doug Ducey should focus on during these tough times:
- Limiting what drug companies can charge for high-cost prescription drugs.
- Extending a grace period for people to pay health insurance bills before their coverage can be cancelled.
- Protecting patients from having to pay out-of-network costs.
- Requiring workplaces to provide paid sick days to employees.
- Creating an insurance plan to provide paid family and medical leave for employees to care for a sick family member.
- Expanding the number of people who can get healthcare through Medicaid to cover more people who can’t otherwise afford coverage during these challenging economic times.
When the legislature comes back into special session, we must ask our elected leaders to support these common sense changes that will assist Arizona families. Please sign-up to stay informed of the latest developments: